Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"The Clapping Song" (Shirley Ellis)



Sort of a graphic song if you think about it, but then again, many kids' songs are ("The steamboat went to Heaven, Miss Suzy went to Hell...")

"Dancing With the Stars" did a group dance to this song, which had plenty more hilarious '60s dance moves (which I secretly love, by the way. I wish I grew up then. Then I'd actually be considered a GOOD dancer).

0:00 - More human bells!

0:23 - You'll be seeing these ladies convulsing throughout the song and wiggling their rears like no tomorrow. Bet it burns a lot of calories. Maybe if people still danced like that, we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic.

2:03 - Way to NOT DO ANY OF THE THINGS SHIRLEY IS SINGING ABOUT.

2:04 - This reminds me of the dancing from "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Well, both WERE 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment